Friday, April 10, 2009

Slow Roasted Sweet Bell Peppers Stuffed and Topped with Goat Cheese

This makes a very simple and tasty appetizer, light meal or side dish. Stuff the peppers with anything you like. I used things I had on hand, this is what I did. Ingredients Red, Orange or Yellow Bell Peppers Veggies for stuffing, I used: Sliced red onion Green Beans Sliced Fresh Garlic Cloves Sprigs of fresh Rosemary 1/2 of a Roma Tomato per pepper half, sliced the long way, seeds removed Approx 1 ounce of Goat Cheese per pepper half Small amount of olive oil Black Pepper Sea Salt Instructions Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Slice the peppers the long way and remove the seeds and the pulp, leave the stems intact. Rub the peppers inside and out with a small amount of olive oil and place on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Clean whatever veggies you've chosen to stuff the peppers with. Place the cleaned veggies in a bowl. Season with a little sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and toss to coat. Stuff the veggies into the peppers. Place the peppers in the oven and bake for approximatley 1 1/2 hours. Remove them from the oven. Turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees. Top each pepper with approximatley 1 ounce of goat cheese and return them to the oven just until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5-10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and serve with a fresh hunk of crusty bread. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Moggy!
    Just found moggyslittlekitchen and I LOVE it! You are so good at this ... your photos are always beautiful and provide complete and total how-to instructions!

    I will be stopping by often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I can't post a comment to "Moggys Blogspot ~ (My Phototography Blog)." Wanted to say your bird pics are amazing! I especially love the shot of the House Sparrow. I love the way the rust on the door hinge compliments the sparrow's rust colored feathers. It's a spectacular shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Shoe, You are my first visitor here. Thanks. I had a heck of a time with the formatting on this post. I hope my next one goes smoother, I finally gave up and decided I'd just live with the messed up spacing.

    Thanks for the compliments on the photos. The House Sparrow is one of my personal favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back to thank you for all your comments on my blog, Moggy! This blog stuff is fun, isn't it??? But I sure have a lot to learn ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this sounds delicious and looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete